Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Its Official

Well y'all it has finally become official. My eggo is preggo! Yup that is right, we have a little one on the way that should be here about December 9, 2010! What a perfect Christmas/Thanksgiving/Drew's Graduation present ever! It is going to be a busy busy year but we are so excited for this new adventure in our lives! Everything has been great so far! I have nothing to complain about, other than I am hungry ALL THE TIME! I am so grateful that I have not had any morning sickness or sickness at all. Other than when I do not eat! And I pray it stays that way. We were able to tell our mothers in person with an early Mothers Day Card that I made a couple of days ago. My mom flew out to help me get my house together (drapes, pillows, paint, etc) It was so perfect! Neither my mom or Drew's mom even suspected it! Their reactions were priceless! My mom cried, Marsha just looked shocked. But it was a perfect evening and the cards turned out great!
It still has not really set in yet, I think once I get fat I may have a change of emotions about it. But in the mean time, I hope that the weight will hold of for as long as possible!

I know that it is too early to tell, but I am dying to know the gender! The Chinese calendar says we are having a boy, and I did the whole Drano crystals thing and it turned out green, which means its a girl. I am hoping it is a little girl, who doesn't, but either way it will be so much fun! So as always, we will just have to play the waiting game. Has anyone had experience with the Chinese calendar, if so was it right? I have googled it to see if it has worked for some people. But it is a 50-50% chance, so the odds are pretty high... I guess.
Well I am so excited! My mom came out here to help me with my family room and ended up helping me with not only my family room but we started working on the nursery too! I am so excited to get everything ready. I love being prepared, so knowing me I will have everything set up months before the baby even comes!

8 weeks down, another
30 some odd weeks left! Seems like forever!

4 comments:

Ryan And Kami said...

Missy I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations! That is so exciting! Can't wait to keep reading your blog and keeping up on your pregnancy. Keep your fingers crossed that you never get morning sickness and get to actually enjoy being pregnant!

Clay & Sara said...

YAY! How exciting! Being a Mom is the greatest blessing ever! My boys were born on December 8, 2008, so if you have your baby a day early, 3 people will share that b-day haha! But super cool & I hope the morning sickness stays away, I had it SO bad I dehydrated twice and it lasted my first half of my pregnancy!

Chelsea said...

congratulations missy!! hooray!!!!

Sam and Jackie Chapman said...

Missy!!!!! Congrats that is so exciting. Kamryn was born on Dec 5 so I got pregnant around the same time as you and it's perfect. It's just enough time before Christmas, you aren't huge during the hot summer months and you can eat all you want during all the fun holidays that you get to eat a lot of junk at because you already have a belly!! I love it congrats again. P.S. I did the chinese gender calendar and it said that I was having a boy and of course I had a girl