Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baby makin is hard work!

Well it has been awhile since I have posted anything, so I just thought I would post a little update. I am now 31 weeks along and working on my 2nd week of bed rest. I went into my check up (which has been once a week since I was 16 weeks), 2 weeks ago and found out that I was already dilated to a 2+ at only 29 weeks. That terrified me. I am far from being ready for her to be here. Her crib is not even assembled yet! So I was put on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. At my 30 week appointment, my cervix had almost doubled in length from the previous week. So bed rest must be doing some kind of good.
I am not going to lie, I was dreading bed rest. I thought that I would go crazy just laying around all day long. But it has not been too bad so far. I know it has only been 2 weeks, and I have quite a few more to go, but it is nice to lay around and be lazy all day, since I know I wont get much sleep or rest once she is here. So I am soaking it up while I can!
Both my perinatologist and midwife both said that they dont think that I would make it past 35-36 weeks. So I am just hoping that she stays in there as long as possible so that she does not have to be put in NICU. I am trying to prepare myself for that, but I know it is pretty much inevitable with already being dilated. I know it is going to be probably the hardest thing I have ever had to go through to not be able to bring my baby home with me. I am hoping for the best, but want to try to be prepared for what ever is to come. With only a few weeks away from being 35 weeks, I am going to do all that I possibly can to keep her in there for as long as possible. So until then, I am loving every moment of bed rest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Missy! That little angel needs as much mommy time now as she can get!

Danielle Harris said...

I know how you feel! I was put on bed rest at 20 weeks because my cervix was opening up and shortening. I was told they hoped I would make it to 30 weeks. I ended up going to 39!!! Bed rest is nice for awhile, but I hate to tell you, it gets pretty old. Good luck!