Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bye Bye Christmas

January is always a sad and depressing time of year for me. You get all finished with Christmas and ringing in the New year and then when it is all over you have to take down all of the decorations. I love the Christmas time of year. If I could have my way I would keep my tree up year around, ok or at least put it up a month early so we can enjoy it a bit longer. But Drew wont let me put it up till after Thanksgiving. Oh well. But January has always seemed a bit depressing, especially since I move out to Utah. Putting away all of the garlands, wreaths, nativities, tree, stockings, and other nic nack decorations and then what? You cannot put up spring decorations because that is still all but 3-4 months away. I love having a white Christmas each year, but after Christmas, I just want warm weather! So this is why I think that it is a depressing time of year. We have just begun the coldest month of the year, typically, and I am already sick of it.
Drew loves this time of year because he gets to spend his weekends with his uncle up on the mountain some where buzzing around on snowmobiles, while I stay inside where it is warm! This is his most favorite time of year. He dreams, and preps all year long for these few months when he gets to fly over frozen lakes going 80-90 miles an hour through the powder. Yes it sounds crazy, and it is crazy. Especially when standing temperature is maybe 10 degrees if your lucky, and then going 80 miles an hour makes it a - something, I dont care its too cold for me!
I will let Drew have his little outings with his uncle and I will wait impatiently inside for the next few months and watch the snow slowly melt away!
Hurry up April!!

No comments: