Thursday, September 5, 2013

Priesthood Blessings are a Gift from Heavenly Father

We are so blessed to live in these times.  Times, where we have the ability to have the Priesthood here on earth.  I am so unbelievably grateful for the amazing priesthood holders in my family.  For my amazing husband who keeps me grounded and will give me a blessing any time I need.  For teaching our daughter how to pray properly and how talking to our Heavenly Father is important and should be done daily.  I am eternally grateful for our amazing friends and family (specifically, Dan Warwood (Drew's father), Jesse Rowe, Joel Loesh and Dirk Talbot) who have come at our beck and call any time we have needed a priesthood blessings.  It is so comforting to know that we have such amazing friends and family that I know love and support us.  We are blessed to be able to live so close to them and to have them when we need them most.

I am so lucky to have an amazing Father In Law that just shows up on his way home from work, the day after finding out about Jefferson's heart problem, to help Andrew give me a blessing.  It is amazing how in just a few minutes you can go from being completely terrified to calm and at peace.  Priesthood Blessings are a gift from our Heavenly Father and I am so grateful to be able to have that in my house.  I have not had a break down since before that blessing.  The blessing Andrew gave me helped me feel peace with what is to come.  He helped me realize that everything will be ok.  We have to put our faith in our Heavenly Father to help get us through this next year.  We know that he will be ok.  He is lucky in that he can wait to have his surgery until after he is a little bit older and stronger and will be able to heal from the surgery faster.  This in itself is a blessing.  I know that if we put our faith in our Heavenly Father that everything will work out in the end.  I am so glad to be able to have the gospel in our lives and to know that my family is eternal and will last through eternity.  I love this church and love to be a part of it.  




No comments: