Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 5 in the NICU

 November 17, 2013
 He weighed in this morning at 7 lbs 12.5oz, 1 oz from birth weight!! 
   Thank heavens for nurses!!  With his feeding tube and him being able to take bottles, the nurses have fed him at night either through his tube or by bottle, and I have been able to sleep!  I feel much more refreshed!  I'm still a little tired, maybe it's my body playing catch up, but either way it is SO nice to be able to sleep and heal up a bit.  Jefferson is doing good.  His oxygen levels stay 30-40% which is good, they are not getting higher thank goodness!!
   He is still super lathargic and is really hard for him to stay awake to eat.  That's the main reason we have a feeding tube right now.  
  This is his day 5 of life, and he is just now getting a bath, yummy!   He absolutely loved it though!  Hopefully he will love the water just as much as his big sister does! 
   It's a little discouraging being here in the NICU.  I haven't seen my bed for days and I just want to bring him home!  I want to see my family.  Poor Stella doesn't ever want anything to do with me when she sees me.  It breaks my heart.  But at least I got to spend some quality time with her before Jefferson was born, while I was on bed rest.  I just want to get home and get settled into our new lifestyle as a family of 4!



All clean!! 

And one of my favorites, so far

No comments: